At this meeting we decided that I will cook something tasty and chose that it will be a pancakes. I also told Ramona and Cristina the story of this treat. In Russian this dish called «blini». Pancakes is a national Russian dish, which appeared before the IX century. There are also different fillings, which can be either sweet (berries, jam, condensed milk, cottage cheese) or not sweet (meat, mushroom, fish, with red and black caviar). With this dish we have a holiday Shrovetide in Russian – «Maslenitsa» which lasts a week. Next year we will celebrate this holiday from March 8 to March 14.
- On the first day of the week, Monday, called “Meeting”. Women begin to bake pancakes and a Scarecrow is installed like a symbol of the past winter.
- On the second day of Tuesday people go to each other’s houses, tasting the most important dish of the holiday – ruddy, fragrant and hearty pancakes with a variety of fillings.
- The third day is Wednesday. On this day, the tables on the street and at home were supposed to be full of treats, it was believed that the more people ate pancakes for the whole day, the better!
- Thursday was supposed to ride in horses, fistfights, various games and of course the increased eating of the main dish-delicious pancakes.
- Friday – “Mother-in-law’s day”, mothers-in-law bake their most delicious pancakes for guests and their favorite son-in-law.
- Saturday – girls gathered for fun girls ‘ gatherings or went to visit relatives, again treated to soft, ruddy, incredibly satisfying and delicious pancakes.
- Sunday is “Forgiven day”, burned an effigy of winter, asked each other for forgiveness for all offenses, meeting a new spring life and celebrating its arrival, having fun and of course eating in huge quantities the main festive dish-Russian pancakes.