This time we went trough 10 sentences/words that Yuiko prepared beforehand. First she told me how to pronounce them in japanese and after I helped her with the finnish pronounciation. Our study material included questions like
- Where is ___? / ___ wa dokoni arimasu ka? Missä ___ on?
- Where is this? / Koko wa doko desu ka? / Missä tämä on?
- What is this? / Kore wa nan desu ka? / Mitä tämä on?
Some sentences that you can use in a restaurant like
- Im ready to order / Chumon o onegaishimasu / Olen valmis tilaamaan
(NOTE: I told Yuiko that on my opinion we rarely tell the server that we are ready to order. Often we order the food before sitting down or the waiter/waitress comes to table without need to ask.)
- I would like to order this / Kore o onegaishimasu / Haluan tilata tämän
Lastly we learned some usefull everyday sentences/words like
- Yes & no / Hai & Ie / Kyllä & ei
- Understood / Wakarimashita / Ymmärrän
- That sounds good / I ne / Kuulostaa hyvältä
- Cute / Kawaii / Söpö
- Handsome / Kakkoii / Komea
Yuiko said that her favourite finnish word this far is söpö because of how it sounds like.
Time goes fast when you are having fun!