This time I created a document constiting of different cultural topics and tips about living in Finland.
Some of these were:
- Returning bottles and cans back to the store awards you some money.
- Compared to Japan, public transport is late more often.
- Law prohibits selling alcohol between 21:00 – 9:00.
- In most aparments the quiet time is from 22:00 to 7:00 .
- At the bus station you have to wave for the bus to stop.
- Finnish people generally dont like random people touching them physically or getting too close. This would be opposite to some Southern-Europe countries where physical contact is much more common.
I hope these tips will help Yuiko when shes arriving to Finland! We try to do at least one meeting facetoface at the end of the course.