Yesterday afternoon our EOTO group attended the Independence Day Reception at Tampere City Hall. The programme consisted in a choir, a speech, a theatre work and a light buffet dinner. I was impressed by how big and elegant the city hall was.
The buffet dinner consisted in typical Finnish food (Karelian pie, reindeer pastry, 100 vuotta vanha cake), and wine.
Here is some vocabulary that we learnt during the evening:
English- Spanish- Chineese- German
- Birthday- Cumpleaños- 生日 (shengri)- Geburtstag
- Cake- Tarta- 蛋糕 (dangao)- Kuchen
- Wine- Vino- 葡萄酒 (putaojiu)- Wein
- Reindeer- Reno- 驯鹿 (xunlu)- Rentiere
- Farewell- Despedida- 告别 (gaobie)- Abschied
- Present- Regalo- 礼物 (liwu)- Geschenk
- City hall – Ayuntamiento- 市政厅 (sizen ting)- Rathaus
- Theater- Teatro- 剧院 (juyuan)- Theater
- Banquet hall- Sala de banquetes- 宴会厅 (yanhui ting)- Festsaal
- Independence – Independencia- 独立(duli)- Unabhängigkeit
- Party – Fiesta- 派对 (paidui)- Feier
- Elegant – Elegante- 再见(zaijian)- Elegant
Once the party was over, it was time to say goodbye, and Loy gave each of us a Malaysian keychain as a farewell gift.
I really liked the Each One Teach one course, because in addition to meeting great people from different countries, and knowing more about their culture and their language, in each meeting we did many different funny activities, although the worst part is that I’m going to miss a lot all of the members of my group. It was a pleasure to meet all of you! Who knows, maybe we will see each other in the future in each other’s country!