So yesterday, Sunday 23th of April Marie and I gather for our 7th meeting.
We decided -since we both liked each others´ typical foods- to learn a little bit more about the Mexican and French food, respectively.
This is what i learned about french people and their food tastes: for the French people, the food is very important. It’s a moment when we are with your family or your friends, when we share our life with the others and they enjoy to eat. They usually start with a starter, after with the main course, after that we are forced to have cheese, because it’s a tradition in France, and at the end a good desert. Obviously, they also have a glass of wine with them every diner.
Marie talked about the typical dishes they eat all around the year:
- The first one is the most amazing one and it’s almost the same than the dish we cooked on our session #6. It’s LA TARTIFLETTE. It’s just potatoes, bacon, onions and a loooooot of cheese! This plate came from Savoie who is actually the region in France when you are going to practicing ski.
- The second one is LE COQ AU VIN. It’s very simple: a cock marinated in wine with onions, carrots and mushroom.
- After, they have LE POT AU FEU. You have to take some vegetables and a little piece of meat. You put everything in a big pot with a lot of water and cook it little by little.
- This is the most famous one in Bretagne, a region in the North-East. It’s LA CREPE.
- They also have LE CASSOULET. This is actually white beans, duck confit and sausage. It came from the South of France.
- The last one is maybe the most traditional plate from France: LE BOEUF BOURGUIGNON. You just have to cook beef inside Bourgogne’s wine. Give some vegetables and potatoes with it and that’s it.
Maybe i´ll try to cook some of this dishes when i get back home in Mexico… They sure sound delicious!!!!